Antique Nurse’s Belt
Antique Nurse’s Belt
It’s hard to believe, with all they have to do, that nurses used to wear belts like these back in the 19th & early 20th centuries. They are prized by contemporary collectors for their striking design, which always features pierced decorative metal panels joined together. Sometimes they are all metal; this one is a mix of metal and leather. The belt is shown on a modern size 2 mannequin, adjusted to fit. Each leather section is adjustable on both sides: The belt measures about 23.5” long, measured flat, and you can squeak out about 3 more inches by gently adjusting the clasps. The leather is very stiff from age, I was able to safely adjust it to the mannequin’s size. All four clasps on the leather portions are functional. Should you need a larger size, I would simply replace the leather.
- All sales are FINAL. I strive to provide clear photos & accurate information for every item, & to anticipate any questions you may have. It is the buyer's responsibility to examine these photos clearly & read the description in full before purchasing. If you have any other questions or require further views, you've only to ask.
- No cancellations.
- Orders ship once a week. If you need something by a certain date, please let me know before purchasing. I am almost always able to accommodate requests.
- Insurance is automatically added to every order for a very small fee, via the service Route. If you choose not to insure your order, I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen packages.
- If you are outside the US & would like to purchase something, please message me to arrange payment either through Paypal invoice or through our Etsy outpost. I am not currently taking international orders on this website due to a problem with Shopify's shipping calculator.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- I do not do "holds," reserves, or payment plans. However, if you need help with financing, many safe & easy options are available to you at checkout, including Shop Pay.